Monday, March 29, 2010

Rule #10

Rule #10

New socks SUCK.

So, we have reached the end of a socks' life expectancy and the inevitable has to happen.  New socks arrive.  However, due to the ever present problem of childhood growth spurts, the old size for socks is no longer the current size of Crash's feet.  Not to mention the old brand is no longer carried at the store.  You see Crash is very specific on the type of sock he will wear.  It has to be "short" (below ankle cut), it has to have a minimal to non-existent seam for the toe, and it has to be tight fighting (so his foot feels like it is getting a hug when he puts it on).  Try explaining that to the clerk at the store.

I would love it if someone could do a study to find out just how many socks of this type actually exist, because I sure can show you all the ones that don't.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I found your blog! Your son sounds just like mine. We used to call him Pinball b/c he was always crashing into things.

    Anyway, I am also dealing with the sock issue right now. I just got him a new thing of socks and he said he doesn't like them, and I'm not sure why. We haven't had problems with new socks before. He has problems with sock bumps, but he usually gets used to new socks pretty quickly. The one type he likes are way too big and the heel is hanging over the back b/c he has to have them pulled up tight. I really wish they'd make more sizes in socks b/c one size is too small, but the next size is too big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie. I am so glad you found this blog too. I love knowing that I am not the only one in the world with these unique household issues. I never would have imagined how big of an issue socks really can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's good to "meet you". LOL. Yep...Nate has sock issues too. And the latest and greatest issue has been the transition from long to short sleeves. Not fun.

    Brandi
    http://notnowimonsensoryoverload.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete