Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ah Ha Moment


Why didn't I think of this sooner....

Crash loves his shoes tied exceptionally tight.  Seeing that
     a.  He can not tie his shoes independently
     b. I never seem to get them tight enough

I have come to dread putting on shoes.  We have tired velcro shoes and it result in a child flopping on the floor like a dead fish because he cannot possibly walk with shoes as loose as that.  Then, I discovered
Carter's shoes with bungie laces.  This was wonderful!  Crash can pull the bungie as tight as his heart desires, as often  as he likes.

Unfortunately, shoes wear out and I have been searching for a couple weeks for a replacement shoe with bungie laces.  And, wouldn't you know it, not a single store in town has a pair.  Seriously, I looked every where.  Here comes the ah ha moment...

Buy the bungie laces and put them in a regular pair of shoes.  Duhhh.  4.99 at Target solves the entire problem.  They didn't have an online link, but here is a similar lace from amazon

Crash can give his own feet hugs again!



1 comment:

  1. I have a child who insists on tight shoes too -- and we have used those laces (they sell them at Stride Rite too), but my nearly-9 year old insists still on velcro or slip ons -- that are too small. He cranks down the velro strap so tight, he stretches them out. But, his feet are happy.

    Thanks for sharing your sensory journey, I look forward to reading more,
    Hartley
    www.hartleysboys.com

    ReplyDelete