Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter drama...no more

There are certain battles reserved for certain times and places and Easter morning is not one of those times.  There is so much to do and so much fun to be had there is no sense spoiling it with known causes of meltdowns.

This year, Crash's brother went and picked out a very cute Easter outfit and happily put it on.  I didn't even take Crash shopping...see I have learned. I talked with Crash's brother this am about what he was going to wear to church (in front of Crash of course...hoping that by some miracle he may have had a change of heart towards clothing), and then he went to get dressed.

I asked Crash what he was going to wear to church.  He said his bestest Easter clothes.  I almost fell over dead.  Bestest Easter clothes...was he kidding me!  I quickly ran int his room and found some of his brothers old dress clothes kicking myself for not taking him shopping.

He looked at me like I was crazy.  He said he didn't need any help.  Ok Crash, get dressed and come find me if you need anything.

A few minutes later he comes out in his favorite Star Wars shirt.   If it is his favorite, it is his best...can't fault the logic. 

Love ya Crash.   We made it through Easter morning without a meltdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment