Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hide and Go... Tackle

I think it is time to review the rules to this beloved children's game.  As I am sitting in the front yard watching Crash a couple houses down playing with the neighbors, I start to get a little nervous.  I hear someone announce let's play Hide and Go Seek.  I refrain from getting up to go supervise a little closer to the action.  It's about time for Crash to work things out on his own....I hope.

Someone counts and everyone else goes to hide.  Pretty typical...and then I see Crash. He is laughing and having the time of his life tackling everyone that goes by.

They are playing on the grass and remarkably no one even says a word and no one gets hurt.  After a couple minutes though I couldn't stand it any longer.  I had to go down and ruin the fun.  It was that or let Crash escalate so much that the tackles would start getting a bit more physical. 

I announce that his help is needed at home and he has one minute to finish up before coming home.  Luckily, this advance notice worked, and he happily came home.  Now, it's time for a little story about Hide and Go Seek.

1 comment:

  1. I can so relate to this! Brady's finally getting to the age where I need to start letting him go play with kids without me being right there. But it makes me soooo nervous! It sounds like you handled it really well, though. Good job!

    ReplyDelete