Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Last First Day of Preschool

Crash wants to go to Kindergarten.  He is rather ambivalent about preschool.  It's more of a been there, done that sort of thing, but I will take that over screaming about not wanting to go.  (I have been there, and done that  and do not care to go back).

We have been talking about school briefly for the past week or so.  Last night, he picked out his clothes and we talked about what we would do the next day.   Begrudgingly he set out an acceptable pair of pants with a favorite t-shirt and the "shortest" socks.

It's not fair that the first day of school is also the coldest day of the summer thus far...I knew even though Crash had completed the process of picking out his clothes that it wouldn't really be that simple.

I was right, but we made it out the door and to school on time.  Only a minor melt down with the pants.  I told him he could go naked, and his teacher would have to deal with him.  Surprise surprise...Crash came out of his room a few minutes later with pants on.  His brother took his socks by mistake, so there was a small meltdown with the socks (but after realizing the sock basket is filled with the "shortest socks" he quickly recovered.)  Finally, horror of horrors a jacket was placed before him.

Crash hasn't seen a jacket since late spring so you can imagine the insult...especially since it wasn't part of HIS plan.  Thank goodness for some Daddy diversion.   As I was about to pull my hair out, Daddy came to the rescue.  We were finally out the door and on our way to school.

Now, I think I need a nap!

Someone mistakenly thought he could carry the jacket.

1 comment:

  1. Meltdowns or not, he looks a lot like his daddy!

    ReplyDelete