Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Overload

We have had a busy busy weekend.  In fact I think I need 365 days to recover, but it ended with a pooped out pirate carrying his jack-o-latern with a big o smile.  But, it started like this...




Crash loves dressing up like a pirate.  He is a tropical pirate and was not at all prepared for the artic weather.  Having to layer clothes or wear a jacket sent him into a nose dive.  He was given choices though and was able to work through it.  Mom was able to stay in control of her self and had a plan...Crash could go naked...it would be his birthday suit after all, and if he got cold he could wait in the car and miss out on the candy.  Low and behold he was dressed and was able to stay warm enough to collect a boat load of treats!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Sounds a lot like the "choices" I've been giving to Brady lately. It seems to be working, but I'm scared he'll call me on it one of these days.

    Glad he had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I think that's the thing I am most at ease with. I want him to call me out on my choices. I try very hard not to offer choice I can not live with. (The "mean mommy" almost wishes he would make the mistake...he is in a loving safe environment and there is no better place to make a mistake) I would take Crash out in his underwear if that was his choice. Choices are so powerful and such learning experiences. Crash may only be 4, but he is smart, and will learn very quickly that Trick-o-Treating in underwear in the cold is not a pleasant experience.

    ReplyDelete