Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Music Appreciation

I have played an instrument for most of my life...I even minored in music in college.  Our family loves music of almost any kind.  So it was kind of funny tonight to hear Crash say, "ahhh, I love this music!" When we turned on the background noise (the sound of static on the radio when a channel doesn't come in clearly) before he went to bed.  Music can have some amazing effects on the body.  Each individual may appreciate music a little differently and there are all kinds of music to appreciate.  I know I appreciate this "music" as well...just for a different reason than Crash!

We still have not conquered the entire sleep issue, however background noise seems to keep him in his room longer at night.  It's the little steps that we appreciate.  I want to say there is no bed time drama any more, however just tonight he was hummm how should I put it...overly physical with his brother.  But these instances are getting fewer and further between.  He is slowly but surely beginning to wind down on his own and settle himself more appropriately and independently.

No comments:

Post a Comment